Do you want to reignite the passion in your relationship? Here’s 8 ways to do exactly that…
1. Make time for yourself to be yourself doing what makes you feel good and alive. Of course, the more children under 5 that you have the harder this can be, but the more value that it has.
2. Give your partner time to themself, doing what makes them feel good and alive.
3. Make time for the two of you to be together. The more creative the better, take it in turns to plan something special “date-like” experience of the two of you just being together at least once a month. A long-walk, a weekend away, a drive in the country, a night on the town.
4. Now you’ve got the time, talk about IT! Only you know what IT is. IT is the thing you think about, but aren’t talking about. Stress, worries, sadness, disconnection, fears. Talk about IT.
5. Ask about IT! What do you like? What don’t you like? What makes you happy?What makes you feel loved? What makes you feel sexy? What leaves you feeling upset or disappointed? What can I do? How can I help?
6. Your foreplay starts now! Every moment is a moment for connection. A call, an email, a text message, a touch, a glance, a soft and loving word, a song, a small gift, a cup of tea, doing a chore they would rather not do.
7. Keep up the foreplay. If the sex doesn’t come straight away, don’t be disappointed. If you keep showing the love, you will get the love.
8. Plan ahead. Look at the calendar together and get a shared understanding of how the year looks for each of you. When will you make time for each other? When will you most need one another?